GOAL AND WORK PACKAGES
The IFMIF-DONES Preparatory Phase project has the aim to elaborate and draft the consortium agreement allowing for the construction of the facility, included in the ESFRI 2018 Roadmap, in the province of Granada.
During the Preparatory Phase, critical financial, legal and organisational issues related to the international character of the IFMIF-DONES facility during its construction and operation phases will be addressed. Besides this, the project also has the aim to attract partners, not only during the construction phase of the facility, but also to ensure during the operation and exploitation phase of the project.
Although most technical design activities are being conducted within the framework of other ongoing projects (IFMIF-EVEDA and WPENS), several technical activities have also been included in DONES-PreP. The aim of such activities is to explore in detail the possible use of the IFMIF-DONES facility by other scientific communities, to explore possible design and strategic alternatives that could be of interest in the future, and to consolidate a network of supporting facilities that could be of interest.
DONES-PreP, led by the Center for Energy, Environmental and Technological Research (CIEMAT), has received funding from the Euratom research and training programme 2014-2018 under grant agreement No 870186.
1. DONES-PreP Project Management – Lead participant: CIEMAT
2. Communication – Lead participant: UGR
3. Evaluation of DONES Governance Lead participant: RBI
4. Evaluation of DONES Legal Framework – Lead participant: CIEMAT
5. DONES Financial Approach – Lead participant: CIEMAT
6. Preparation of the Structural Funds Applications – Lead participant: UGR
7. Health, Safety and Environmental Studies – Lead participant: CIEMAT
8. Other Complementary Experiments and Upgradeability – Lead participant: IFJ PAN
9. Support Facilities and Exploitation of Results – Lead participant: RBI
10. Consortium Agreement Preparation – Lead participant: CIEMAT
This content has been elaborated by the DONES Preparatory Phase project. This project has received funding from the Euratom research and training programme 2014-2018 under grant agreement No 870186. The information herein reflects only the author’s view and the European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of it.